Protection for Your Possessions and Your Liability.
While your landlord probably has insurance to cover the building you live in, you need your own protection. Renter’s insurance is relatively inexpensive and gives you substantial coverage.
Personal Property Protection
It provides for repair or replacement of your personal property in the event of specific risks or “perils” that are outlined in the policy. Common perils named on most renter’s policies include:
- Fire – including damage from smoke and water used to put out a fire
- Weather - lightning, windstorms, hailstorms, tornadoes
- Accidental discharge of water
- Electrical surge damage
- Glass breakage
- Falling trees and objects
- Collapse of roof or walls
- Damage by vehicles
- Theft or burglary
- Vandalism and malicious mischief
NOTE: Floods are not covered by your renters policy. To protect your property, you need a flood insurance policy.
What happens if a visitor slips on a wet floor and breaks their hip? Your renter’s policy also protects you in the event that you’re found responsible for unintentional injuries to another person or damage to property. This protection applies to all family members living in your household and covers you whether an accident occurred on your property or elsewhere. Liability protection covers medical expenses and other compensation awards for injuries, and costs of a liability lawsuit for a covered incident.
Determining Your Needs
Answering these questions can help you determine your insurance needs. A Robert Alan Agency associate can help you if you need more details.
- How much will it cost to replace or repair my personal contents?
- Do I need replacement cost rather than actual cash value coverage protection for my personal property?
- Do I need flood insurance?
- How much protection should I have to cover liability and visitor’s medical expenses if they are injured on my property?
- Do I have valuable items that could exceed limits in my policy that I should “schedule” such as jewelry, fine art, antiques, electronics or other special items?
- Do I need extra protection to cover my home business contents and liability for meeting clients at my home?
Insurance companies provide discounts in certain qualified situations. Based on the information you share, your trusted associate works to maximize all discounts that you are eligible for. These may include discounts for:
- Smoke detectors
- Central station fire & burglar alarms.
- Home and auto package discounts
Robert Alan Agency, Inc. | Website Development by EZLynx® • Copyright © . All Rights Reserved.